Sunday, October 11, 2009

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Grande Complication on JamesList


Typical Sunday morning for me. I woke up to the sound of my 2 kids trying to work the AppleTV and knew it was time to start my final day of the weekend. I switched on the laptop and pointed my browser to it's first stop of the day, JamesList.com. I usually save the watch listings for last but today, I went right to them and much to my surprise, I found this beauty up for sale.


The AP RO Grande Complication is as luxurious a sport watch as you will ever see. As is the case with all Audemars Piguet Royal Oak timepieces, the Royal Oak Grande Complication watch shows off the unique octagonal bezel with 8 hexagonal screws whose slots are all aligned to form a circle. Crafted in 18K white gold with a sapphire exhibition case back, the APROGC is made up of over 648 individual pieces. It  is a modern watch with a perpetual calendar showing day, date, week, lunar phase, month and even leap year that is said to be accurate for over a century.

So how much does one have to pay to have the honor to call one of these masterpieces their own? This particular one is ready to go at $584,000.USD and is located in Switzerland. I wonder if I can get him to throw in shipping for free? The JamesList-ing is here in case you are interested.

0 comments: